Sunday 10 June 2012

Scan post Brentuximab cycle 6

So I had my PET/CT scan on Friday..... results will be available to my Dr in 2 working days. Here are the potential results and outcomes...

  • 'mass' has grown - cancer activity is whatever -plan will be no more treatment - bugger off and die
  • 'mass' has shrunk - cancer activity is whatever - plan will be continue treatment and review with scan in 9 weeks
  • 'mass' has shrunk - cancer activity is zero - ie complete remission- plan is continue treatment and consider stem cell transplant.......
Quick review, I was headed for stem cell transplant last year but failed to get into remission with chemo- my options were pretty much have more mega chemo, then have bone marrow transplant with good chance of death or long term disability..slight chance of cure, I read this in my own way but....that's how I saw it. But now I actually could be looking at possible complete remission with Brentuximab and then stem cell transplant.....and possible cure after living it up for the last 9 months without having to be an ill person.....this is actually amazing! However, having accepted death and having such a limited future..considering what life might look like if I do survive is actually quite scarey! That sounds awful and ungrateful but it's the truth! I know I am still yet to cross that bridge, but what will I do?? I'll have to get a job, generally sort my life out!  

Well either way this is a big week!!! FYI I promise to be the most amazing meeeee and make an amazing contribution to the world if i do live so please do, vote me!!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sim I understand all of this so well having faced death and now in full remission. Life is not quite the same but it is still the best. Wishing you all the luck and happiness in the world.

    ReplyDelete