Wednesday 27 March 2013

Off with her hat!!

Ok so I did it!!! For the first time, yesterday I took the hat off! In public! In my spinning class! Shit! It HAD to be done I was sweating like a sweaty thing! You would think after THREE times of losing hair I would be used to this unveiling but no, it's hard for me- fact.

And today,  I did it again, first in pump class then pilates.....so that has to be it I spose, no biggie - just me, no hair, whatever. It's so daft really I know, I don't know why I am so self conscious, I mean it's pretty darn obvious I have no / little hair and thus am cancer chick which is why I have been wearing beanies around town constantly for the last few months but still it's hard. It's crazy, I mean the other day in class, 2 of my peers had cancer support T shirts on - yet I still didn't have the guts to reveal myself as actual cancer person. I am unhealthily obsessed with shaven headed celebs in the desperate hope that their profile will reduce stigma of women like me.

I have to get used to it, and soon, I will be working in a month! As well as the cafe work I am looking into festival medic work, yay - how cool would that be!? Get to go to all the festivals this summer and hang out waiting for someone maybe going in to labour.... This has also led me on to thinking about some voluntary overseas work in midwifery.......we will see. Life maybe starting to take shape, things are good.

Peace
x

1 comment:

  1. I love your bravery. I love your hairless head. Get your noggin out and tell the world who you are. SIM. She's ace xxxx

    ReplyDelete